Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Tuesday

Not much to write about today. I sat and watched Dr. Lazo work all day and asked him questions in between to show my interest. At one point I asked him if I could see some patients by myself and take call in the ER a couple nights a week and he said he’d think about it. Did he already forget about the last 2 weeks where I was already taking call, seeing patients, delivering a baby, and managing hospital patients? Does he have no idea what the last couple weeks were like? I guess so. I don’t understand what his problem is. I’m thinking he’ll come around, but he sure is resistant to the idea. I think he’s a bit of a control freak so he likes to do everything. Who knows? I would just go with Dr. Gamero, but guess what? He quit. Yea, over the weekend he just decided he didn’t want to work here anymore; not even a two weeks notice. He didn’t even make it 3 weeks working here. He said to Dr. Lazo over the phone that it was due to lack of time, but who knows? So, my plan of working with him just went out the window. I could just go with Dr. Sierra, but I don’t really want to be doing pediatrics. I already did a lot of that this year and while there’s always stuff to learn I would really like to get more experience in OB/Gyn and Lazo is the OB/Gyn. So, I decided I would stay with him this week and ask lots of questions and learn all I can regardless of what he lets me do and next week I’ll go with Sierra so I can have some independence. And after that I’m all done with my Belize experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment